Okay, I am ready for fall and winter to be over! Its the worst season around this house.
I took Lucy out to my parent's yesterday to pick up an air purifier for Lucy's room. She did great all afternoon and played with Jack(the dog) most of the time. It was great. But sure enough, we got home and within an hour of putting her to bed she was up. She was screaming and jabbing her fists into her stomach. She kept crying, "My belly, my belly! It hurts, it hurts!" I felt so bad for her. I finally took her downstairs and laid her on my chest to sleep on the sofa. She passed out for a little while but kept waking up to scream out and then punch herself in the stomach some more. It went on and on until about 2 am. I put her back into her bed and she slept until about 6, then woke up crying again and went down to sleep until about 8am. Later in the morning she had an explosive diaper, but seemed okay the rest of the day.
Now that she's older it gets harder and harder to see her so sick. As a baby she just cried and cried- but that's what babies do. It was easier to not feel so affected by it. Lucy can vocalize her pain now, and will point to her stomach and cry "Belly, belly, it hurts!"
Hopefully this was just a passing thing and tonight will be much much better. We return to the pediatrician to check on her infection and asthma on Thursday.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment