I finally got a call from Dr S. Something happened and the report from the lab never reached his desk, so he apologized for not getting them to me ASAP. Dr S is always amazing about returning phone calls right away so I knew something was amiss when he hadn't called. I didn't actually get to speak to him since he happened to call while I was in the shower. Figures.
But anyway, everything looked good, which was a relief. I had been concerned about Lucy's nutrition since her formula intake is pretty poor but it seems that everything is just fine in that department. Also, all of the allergen tests came back with nothing, so there are no clues there. The only positive was that her numbers for milk came down, which hopefully means she no longer has a serious reaction to it. We consider milk dangerous and scary around here and it would be nice to not have to worry about it so much.
The fact that Lucy's blood work gave us no clues on which foods to possibly try is typical, and it means we will have to just pick a food and cross our fingers. The doc pretty much gave me an open door to pick whatever food I want to give a go. Dr S said Lucy sets her own curve when it comes to reactions so the best we can do is guess where to go next.
I think I am open to trying a food in the beginning of September, but if she should fail I am going to be adamant that we take off a year or even more. I think if by age 3(December) we are completely unsuccessful in getting a single food, then its time to accept Lucy's limitations with what they are and go on with life for a while.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment