Things here are....fine. We are still sitting at 42cc's an hour. Now that we've begun to establish Lucy's stable pattern, I will track down her GI and fill him in on where we are at. Hopefully, I can speak with him this week.
I say "things are fine" but when I say that I don't mean things have returned to normal, it's rather, they have established a new normal. Overall, Lucy's functioning isn't what it was before the surgery and at this point I doubt seriously that she will get there again. She's not worsening and, although she has improved somewhat since surgery, shes not the same as before.
But for what its worth, Lucy has adjusted well and, for the most part, most people really wouldn't know she has a problem. When she feels good she runs, jumps, plays as hard as she can and when she isn't feeling great she stops to lay down and nap or watch a movie. For her, its as simple as that.
In other news, Zach and I got our first night out since Lucy's tube placement! We wanted to get out and celebrate our upcoming anniversary, Christmas shop for family and friends, and go see the latest Harry Potter movie. Thanks to my sister, we were able to go out and have a great time! We still have WAY too much shopping left to do though!
We also took the kids up to a Christmas tree shop this week. They have dozens and dozens of trees on display, all lit up and decorated. There must be thousands of ornaments and decorations to buy. We toured the shop and let the kids each pick out one new ornament. Zachary got a tiny nutcracker (he loves those things!) and Lu picked out a fake strand of popcorn (of course!). About 35 minutes into it Lu got tired with a headache and wanted to go home. She let Daddy carry her and hung on a little longer so we could finish up. The kids really enjoyed it and love showing off their ornaments when company comes over. This is definitely going to be a yearly tradition for our family!
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment