Lucy is doing alright....still working out some of the kinks here.
The good news: Lucy's feed rate was up to 50cc's an hour by bedtime (thats a 8cc/hr increase)
The bad news: Lucy's reflux is HORRIBLE. It hasn't been this bad since she was an infant. Her stomach is also barely moving at all. Although this problem no longer affects her feedings since feedings are flowing into her small intestine, anytime she drinks water or eats ice the liquid just sits in her stomach until I eventually vent it out.
Hopefully this is just an adjustment process for her body. She seemed to feel pretty good all day as long as I kept on top of venting her stomach. Surprisingly, the fact that eating ice eventually would lead to stomach pain hasn't stopped her from indulging in her favorite snack. I'm just crossing my fingers that her stomach is taking its sweet time recovering from yesterday, and will be up and running again soon.
According to our home health care provider her new pump should arrive tomorrow! Yay!
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment