Today was a long long long day. I babysat for 3 additional children today which landed me with 5 children under the age of 5. By the end of the day I had changed 5 poopy diapers (varying in degrees of solidity and some containing various chunks of food- gag), 2 kids missed their nap, one child ended up nearly loosing an eye, I tossed out 1/2 a lb of uneaten broccoli, I said the word "shush" 175 times between the hours of 1:30 and 3:30, I used 1/2 a roll of TP wiping Lucy's very runny nose, and I sent one kid home with a lump on the noggin I think. But as the highlight of my day one kiddo screamed when it was time to leave because he likes it here so much and Little Zac passed out on the couch by about 6:30. So here I sit, alive, and with extra money in hand. 5 children had fun today (mostly) and that's all that matters.
Lucy is an absolute mess today. Her nose is a nonstop faucet, her eyes are completely rimmed red, her skin is blotchy with "spots" on various areas of her body, and she looks like she hasn't slept in days (when she actually slept until 8:30 this morning). I feel really bad for her, and I don't even know whats making her feel so sick. She hasn't really spent a lot of time outside recently or anything like that.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment