Thursday, June 7, 2012

Update

<p>I've been doing my best to keep things updated on facebook. I'm on my phone so its easier there. I will update here with details as I am able.<br>
Surgery went well. They were able to complete things laproscopically, which means less scarring among other things. Surgery lasted about 3 hours and her surgeon was pleased. Things went as well as we could have hoped.
Last night Lu struggled to void her bladder. They don't like to see her go more than 6 hours, and after 12 she still hadn't gone. So, literally as they came in to put in a cath, she released just enough to make the nurse happy. She did fine through the night so it seems her bladder was just slow to wake yesterday.
Today Lucy has already been in quite a bit of pain. She has a morphine pump for pain and we are still struggling to gain control. Hopefully we can get this fixed for her.
The plan is for her to rest for several days, then gradually begin feeds. The earliest she will be out is Monday, if there are no issues.
I am so thankful for Lucy's team of doctors. They are working hard to keep her happy and comfortable. So many families here have traveled from far away to get care here, and we are lucky enough to have it in our backyard.
Thank you for checking in on Lu and keeping her in your thoughts and prayers!

No comments: